Forest Moon Cottage
LOCATION: A wonderful cottage for a relaxing vacation getaway in nature. Forest Moon cottage is close to miles of hiking, mountain biking and x-country ski trails (which are connected to the Finger Lakes Trail System) in the Hammond Hill Forest. The cottage is surrounded by forest with a clearing on the east side of the house, which is great for star & moon gazing and evening campfires. Bird watchers also enjoy the Roy Park Preserve 2-miles trail(round trip), which is just a short walk down the road. The cottage is located adjacent to the campground, 1/4 mile down the road and like the campground, the facilities and cottage are alcohol and drug free offering folks a relaxing peaceful space to enjoy nature.
DESCRIPTION: The Forest Moon Cottage is an Amish built 1 bedroom wooden cottage. It is 420 square feet and designed to be environmental friendly and efficient. The cottage sleeps two adults and has a full size bed, with a 12″ Zinus Green Tea memory foam mattress. Lots of windows and a French door on the East side allows in plenty of sunshine and warmth! An adventurous compost toilet room was added on to the bathroom to minimize water waste. A larger mini-fridge and freezer provides ample space for 1-2 people. For cooking there is a larger toaster oven/air fryer and a Nu-Wave convection single stove top. Electricity comes from a solar farm, and the cottage is fossil fuel free. All faucets have low flow spigots to improve the efficiency of water use. The landscaping is a “work in progress.” Photos will be updated as we progress.
- High speed WiFi provides a comfortable work space. The cottage can easily accommodate digital nomads (those who travel and work remotely.)
- Cooking: The island kitchen consists of a larger Toaster Oven that also is an air fryer, A “nu-wave” convection stove top, a hot water kettle and a french press. The cabin is stocked with cookware and dinnerware.
- Clean towels and bedding is provided along with biodegradable soap, shampoo and cleaning products.
- Outdoor Fire Pit and Picnic table
- Air conditioning (window AC) and Heat (wall heaters and space heater)